Sunday, June 10, 2007

We had our Home Study Update

We had our 12 month home study update on Monday 6/4. I left work early so I could go home and clean. Also gave me time to let the dogs run off some energy. It was pouring down rain.
She arrived at 6:15 and I have to be honest, she made me very nervous. She seemed rushed and didn't smile. I thought "I'm going to force you to like me" so I just smiled and smiled. We talked for about 5 minutes and answered questions. We then had to have separate meetings. Chad went first. I went back to the computer room really upset that she couldn't have been more friendly and happy for us. Chad came and got me and told me it was my turn. I walk in the kitchen and she is just smiling. I thought what did Chad say to her (or do) to turn her around. Chad and I laugh and joke around about it.

She was only at our house for about 40 minutes. I sent off our police, child abuse checks. Our home study doesn't expire until 7/5.

Chad and I are so glad it's over! (so are our dogs)


1 comment:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Cute doggies! I'm glad it went well! When we had our home study done, it was kind of similar! My husband went first and I could hear them laughing and talking! Maybe it's because they aren't so intimidated? Anyway, maybe your SW was having a bad day, came to your house, you made her laugh and smile,and she ended up with a great day! Good job!