Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Mock Transfer and First shot

I went this morning for the ultrasound and E2 bloodwork. The ultrasound looked great. No signs of cysts. While waiting for my mock transfer under anesthesia, the IVF coordinator came in and said blood work looked great.

I then had the mock transfer done. I was a nervous wreck. I was shaking uncontrollably and very cold. My mom and I stressed to the anesthesiologists that I have a sensitive stomach to anesthetic and he loaded me up with anti-nauseas medicine. Thankfully, I did not get sick! The drs dilated my cervix and opened wide enough so in several weeks when I have my transfer it won't close back up so quick (hopefully).

I am so thankful for my mom taking me since my husband had to work. I sure missed my husband though.

At 6:00 tonight, my husband gave me my first micro-dose lupron shot. He did great! He is nervous that he's going to hurt me. I told him though I don't trust anyone but him to give me the shots.

Thank you to Jesus for great bloodwork, ultrasound and mock transfer!

1 comment:

Donna said...

My husband and I kept all of our used needles from both of our pregnancies in a Mountain Dew bottle :) He was very nervous the first time he gave me a shot, but he got really good at it! At least the Lupron is a tiny shot and not the big daddy! Hang in there!