Sunday, September 28, 2008

Praying for a miracle

IVF:

A lot has happened since last post. I started another IVF attempt on July 1st. I did not go on birth control this time. I responded better; although not like a 20 year or even a 30 year old. I had a retrieval on July 14th. Dr. Bohler retrieved 5 eggs....3 mature. We had 2 transferred.....1 B8 cell and 1 B5 cell.

I started brown spotting on July 24th. My beta was July 28th and my # was 54. Yvonne told me I was pregnant. I had hoped my #'s were higher and had a sick feeling that something wasn't right. I tried so hard to be happy and enjoy this but I just couldn't get past the bad feeling. I prayed so hard for this little baby. My beta on July 30th was 67 and didn't double as it should. I was devastated. My birthday was the next day and looking back at the pictures on my birthday, I could see the sadness in my eyes. It's so hard to look at those pictures now. Just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes. I don't understand why God didn't answer our prayers.

On Friday 8/1, Yvonne said you will be having a miscarriage and expect a period in the next few days. After a little over a week, I called Yvonne because I hadn't started yet. They did another beta and it was in the 700's. I had a ultrasound and nothing was there. I went back a few days later and they found an empty sac. I had a blighted ovum. After several more blood test and ultrasounds, I had a d & c on August 28th.

We are going to take a break from IVF until next spring. I've rejoined Weight Watchers with my mom and hoping to lose some weight before our Hawaii trip in January with my husband and in-laws.


ADOPTION:


Our fingerprints expire in November, so we will have to renew at that time. Our homestudy and I71H expires next June. My thoughts and prayers are with Lauren.

I'm glad the Olympics are over and hoping there will be a speed up very soon.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I am so sorry. I don't know why this has to be so hard for so many of us. I just. don't. know.

Karmen and Greg said...

I'm glad you are updating your blog ... I know this was such a hard time for you, and my heart has ached for you. I know that empty longing feeling ... God will replace that someday -- I believe it with all my heart. In the meantime, keep the faith and keep looking forward to your China dream.