I am so excited to say that we have switched to Special Needs! Our agency emailed us today to let us know. I'm praying for God's will and timing. My husband is still jobless. I'm hoping he will get a job soon, but then I'd really like for him to be able to travel to China with me which may not be possible if he just started a new job.
I had tried to get Chad to switch to special needs for some time but he was so nervous about being a first time Dad. He thought if our child had a special need, he wouldn't be a good enough Dad. It wasn't until after my brother and his family were in a horrible accident on the interstate in November '09. My 3 year old niece was hospitalized for 4 weeks. It was a horrible time for our family to watch her suffer and relearn everything over again. Through it all we saw how our family supported one another, our churches were there for us and our faith in God helped us. My husband was AWESOME with my 3 year old niece. He feels we can handle a SN child.
On 5/28 I met with our social worker and we gave her our checklist of what we would accept. Our agency and social worker had to make sure that we aren't just switching to SN because of the wait, but because we know what to expect and we feel ready for the challenges ahead. Today I received the email that we are officially on the waiting list for a special needs baby.
I have spoken over the phone with the pediatrician in our town and they come highly recommended. They do have some experience with international adoption so this makes me feel better as well. I explained to them that I will have about 36 hours to make a decision on accepting or declining the referral.
I'm praying that God has his hands on Dana at our agency who will be choosing the child for us off the list. I pray that God will lead her to our child.
We are extremely excited and nervous. I have wanted a child for so long and I've had so many disappointments that my heart is still a little guarded. After 10 years of infertility, is it possible that my dreams to be a mom are going to come true in a few months?
5 comments:
Yoi have waited and been faithful. God will honor your desire to be a mother. Can't wait to see it happen!
Congratulations Sherry on this huge decision! Get ready...things can go pretty quickly from here. Wishing you all the best...KellyB (Ladybug Group)
Sherry,
I am so, so very excited for you!!! I will be praying that your child will be handpicked by God and you will have no doubts about whether she is yours or not.
BLESSINGS!!!!
Awesome! So excited for you!
I am so excited for you and cannot wait to see the child God choses to be part of your wonderful family!
Post a Comment