Sunday, July 25, 2010

Praise Report

We found out from our agency this week that Lauren Yun Niu went to hospital in April 2010 for check up and there were no abnormalities with her heart! Thank you Jesus for her healing!!!

She is 81 cm tall, has 16 teeth, her feet are 12 cm and we aren't sure on her size. The latest report stated 10.5 kg which I believe is approximately 24 pounds. I don't think this is right because she was 10.5 kg at 11 months so who knows?

We registered at Target and Wal-mart. Boy was that funny! We have no idea what we are doing! LOL.

Chad and I are getting Lauren's room ready. We seemed to have collected a lot of junk in the last 11 years of marriage so we have been throwing stuff away and selling in our next yard sale which is 7/31.

On 7/21 we had a 3 hour phone conference with Mike at our agency. He is "estimating" our travel to be 9/9 - 9/25. We are praying and believing that we get to travel in September! There are 7 families in our travel group; however, 1 family is Hague and will not be able to travel with us. Hopefully, they will be able to go in November though. There were 4 non-special needs and 3 special needs.

We continue to pray for Lauren's health and protection.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

Sherry! That is SO wonderful!!! God is truly amazing! WE had a similar report with our Anna when we adopted her... I don't know if you remember but our Anna was born with Hep B, which she contracted through her birth mother.... we prayed that God would heal her while we waited, but also knowing He'll give us the grace to handle it if she remained Hep B positive... when we got to Taipei, she no longer had Hep B, according to the medical check she had a couple weeks before we came to get her. It was a true miracle and we tell everyone we can about how God had worked miracles in her life. I've heard so many stories like this and I am so encouraged everytime I read about a child being labeled special needs and then finding out they were perfectly healthy. God is blessing you with such a wonderful miracle and I am in tears just thinking about how He has had His hand in this the whole time. BLESSINGS! Praying you get to travel when your agency expects you to and I cannot wait to see more of His miracles unfold.