Thursday, September 09, 2010

Hospital Stay and a new Lauren

Chad was rushed to the hospital last night.  He was falling in and out of consciousness.  We were terrified.  He was released after being treated for dehydration.  I was terrified.  He still is dealing with a bad head cold and just can't get any energy to do much.  Please pray he gets better soon.

Lauren has really shown her true self today.  She is a wild little girl!!!  She has started talking to us.  She loves watching TV when there is singing.  She is mesmarized by it.  I am exhausted.  She wouldn't take a nap today so neither did I.  I hope to get some sleep tonight.

We are off to a river cruise now.  It should be a nice night. 

14 comments:

Carolyn Neal said...

Talked to your Dad at church tonight. We had special prayer for Chad. You will all be in our prayers. Lauren sounds so precious:) Blessings Carolyn and girls

Anonymous said...

Chad I'm glad you are feeling a little better. Sherry I will watch Lauren for you while you take a nap. I'm going to need more pictures and tell Lauren her aunt Vee loves her. Hey if Kelly , Robin or Glenda is reading this I'm just going to let you know I'm her favorite. Lol!! Darlene I miss talking to you and love you! Vee

Anonymous said...

We are still praying that God gives Chad a complete healing so that he can enjoy this experience more. As far as Lauren...when you look into her eye's ou can see that she is full of life...wich is a great thing! Sherry I am praying that you can get some rest.
Love you! Tammy H.

Anonymous said...

Lauren will be a handful! Cannot wait to see her at the airport! I know Vee thinks she will be the favorite auntie, but she doesn't know that we already began bonding through Skype. We even play peek-a-boo! :) So I guess the favorite aunt has already been decided! :D Love you guys and talk to you soon.-Glenda-

Anonymous said...

Welcome to parenthood! Yes, you can tell she is a wild little girl. She should fit right in with this family! Let me settle something....I'm not her Aunt but she did say in Chinese to me that I was her FAVORITE! Hope Chad gets his strength back soon. Stay well Sherry and Aunt Darlene. Love you all, Cindy

Deb said...

How scary for you! Praying for you guys. So glad Lauren is opening up--that whole day 3, I hear, is usually when it starts! Yay!

Anonymous said...

Awww! Praying for Chad!! Am getting more and more excited about meeting this wild thang!! I'm pretty sure she is going to fit in just perfectly around here!! Love you guys!!!
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Awww! Praying for Chad!! Am getting more and more excited about meeting this wild thang!! I'm pretty sure she is going to fit in just perfectly around here!! Love you guys!!!
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

I cant WAIT for you guys to get home with her!! We can take the kids to the park and just have a GREAT time!!! Poor Chad, hope he gets to feeling better soon. Love you guys...R D & The Boys

Karmen and Greg said...

Oh my goodness! I am SOOOOO sorry! Chad I am praying for your health! Certainly not a fun time for you during this SO important trip. My thoughts and prayers are with you guys. Glad to hear Lauren is blossoming ... Sherry, take care of yourself and get plenty of rest. I know you don't want to miss a thing, but you'll need your strength! Hang in there!

Elizabeth Bergeron said...

Just heard, praying for quick healing for Chad and for good health for all. I know how hard it is with a wild child, LOL!! Try to get some down time.

Lisa said...

Praying for Chad and hoping he is feeling better.

Pamela said...

I've been praying for Chad and your family! Hoping and praying all is well.

La Dolce Vita: The Sweet Life said...

So, so sorry about Chad's hospital visit. Glad all is well now.

I understand the exhaustion. I think it will take a long time to feel rested again. It gets better every day though!