| Leaving Louisville! |
| Our plane we were on from Detroit to Tokyo. My flight medicine didn't work. There was too much turbulence. |
| My mom loves her coffee! |
| Chad and Sherry at the top of the great wall (thanks to the cable cars) |
| It was truly a beautiful sight. |
| Yes we ate Chinese food! With chopsticks! For those at my baby shower, you might remember that I lost the game because I couldn't use chopsticks. |
| Wuhan! |
Wuhan is very HOT and HUMID; although, Grant said it has rained the last couple of days and it is very nice outside. We can't imagine it being worse. We are the only Americans here. We ventured out for food and in hopes of seeing more Americans. One little boy looked at us smiling saying "White! White! White!" We just smiled and waved at him. He was cute. We are like movie stars here. We are getting so many stares. At first, it was a little intimidating, but we are now getting used to it.
The traffic is horrible! As we sit on the 19th floor of our hotel room, we can hear the constant honking of horns. LOL! I thought for sure we were going to run over people on the ride over. In fact, when we were outside a few minutes ago, I crossed an alley without watching and almost got ran over. It's unbelievable!
We meet Lauren Monday 10:00 am (China time). We will leave our hotel at 9:30. Grant said he has already talked with orphanage director and she has Lauren with her. (DEBK, I asked how far the orphanage was from Wuhan and he said 7 hours!) (BrookeB, I have your photo album to give to the orphanage director).
Chad, Mom and I are exhausted. Please pray for us as we need strength. We feel lost in Wuhan and wish we had other American families with us. We miss our family, friends, dogs and church terribly.
Please remember Lauren in prayer. We are taking her away from everything and everyone she knows. This is going to be a scary and sad time for her.
We are so thankful to God for leading us on this journey and bringing Lauren in our lives. We give God all the Glory!
Thanks for the comments! We have enjoyed reading each one. We love you all!
UPDATE: Follow the photo album here: share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AYsW7dy0ZNWbig
6 comments:
Yay, you're so close!! Enjoy Wuhan! I am praying for a fantastic family day for you. God Bless!
Hey we love the pictures, I bet you guys are tired from all the running. But getting Lauren will change all the that for you. When they keep staring tell them you know the best ping pong player in the world and that is me. Love you guys have fun
LOVE the pictures! And catching up on your journey ... It is just a few short hours and she will be in you arms! Praying for you!!
Almost time!!!! You'll have been constantly on my mind and in my prayers. I miss you!! Enjoyed the pictures. Praying for you all and Lauren. Love you so much, Cindy
We are homesick for you too! Can't wait to see you. Praying for you'll. Love, Aunt Sue
Praying for you!!! Can't believe your day to get Lauren is here!!! Can't wait for the next post!
Post a Comment