Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Our first day with Lauren

She was so scared and confused.
She fell asleep on the way back to the hotel.
Playing with her toys.
Playing with her cell phone!  She looks so grown up here.
Some giggles!
More giggles!
Precious!
Lauren had 1 melt down, then that is when the giggles began.  She is very attached to Mommy and only Mommy.  I love it but I also could use a break.  My arms feel like noodles.  I can't be out of her sight and today I can't be more than 2 feet from her.  She hasn't given us giggles as much today.  We went back to the civil affairs to finalize the adoption and her orphanage director and a nannie was there.  We were worried that she would want them back.  The orphanage director reached for her and Lauren didn't go to her.  She has become confused again.  We are so thankful for the ladies at the orphanage and foster family.  They took such wonderful care of her.  DebK, I can't wait for you to get your little girl and meet them.  Have peace in knowing that your little girl is receiving excellent care.   The orphange director wants updates on Lauren.  We have email addresses and contact information to send updates to them.  They want us to bring her back in later years.  We told them we would try.  God has certainly had His hand in all of this and we are so thankful.  God is an awesome and an On Time God!!!

Chad is sick and this is hurting his bonding time.  Please pray that he will feel better soon. 

Alissa (my niece) starts preschool in a few hours and please pray that she will have a great day.  This is a big step for her (and her mommy). 

Happy Birthday to my cousin Cindy!

I will update more later.  We love the comments from all of you.  We love and miss you all. 

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of her asleep in your arms. Hope Chad feels better soon and you and your Mom stay well. Lauren's smile is priceless! Love Cindy

Karmen and Greg said...

LOVE the photos! Of course she was scared and confused. That is so natural ... But the later photos of her sleeping on you and the smiles sure warm the heart. I will pray for Chad!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad things are working out just the way God intended. Love the updates and the pictures. She is so cute. It brings tears of joy to my eye just knowing all the love this little one is going to have in her life.
Donna from oc

Deb said...

Awesome! I can't wait either. Praying for your bonding and your husband to bet better. LOVE the giggles!!

Anonymous said...

Those pics are absolutely PRECIOUS! I Love the one of her sleeping on you too. VERY cute..LOVE the giggles! Im sure she will adjust quickly. Cannot wait for you to bring her home!!! Im so so happy for you guys!! R,D, & The Boys

Anonymous said...

These pictures are so precious! Laurens smile melts my heart! I know as she spends more time with you all that the bond that developes will be unbreakable! She will bond with Chad soon....she prob just had woman taking care of her so that is understandable. We are praying for Chad, you and Darleane. Hey I noticed she had a blanket Deb made....so sweet!
Love you all! Thanks for updating us! love, Tammy Hedges

Anonymous said...

Hey Sherry and Chad, Lauren is so cute and I can't wait to hold her. Sherry enjoy her being stuck to you, because they grow up and go to preschool and don't care if you leave. Alissa did wonderful at school. The girls can't wait until you get back. We love you all and you are in our prayers. Tell Darlene I'm singing her song( gold and silver) lol
Vee

Melody said...

Ohh, Sherry and Chad! She is so beautiful! The pic of her crying reminds me of a day...it's heartwrenching. The tears will get less and less and the giggles will happen more and more! And, Chad, Alia was/is a Momma's girl, but she ADORES her Daddy and loves to snuggle, watch movies, go out to dinner, whatever she can do, with her Daddy! Hang in there...

Much love,
Melody

Anonymous said...

Sherry, I love the pic's. I know deep down that she knows how much you guys love her and need her! I love her smile. Tell Chad to take care of himself!!!!!! Can't wait to meet her! Love you guys! Michele L.

Anonymous said...

Oh my Lauren has certainly stolen our hearts, too! Her giggles provide adorable photos, but we are anxious to hear them in person :)
We will be praying for all of you while in Bible study today.

BeckyH said...

The previous message was from me - I accidently clicked anonymous :)
Blessings to all!
Becky

Sandy said...

She is so Stinkin Cute !!!! What a True Blessing !!! I hope Chad gets better soon , so he can bond with her too . but I know you are enjoying every minute with her. Love Ya Sandy

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh Sherry and Chad!! Beautiful is all I can say! The picture of her sleeping on you, the peace on your face Sherry is so very sweet!! Love the smiles and giggles!! Can't wait to meet her!!
Love you guys!! Keep updating!
Elizabeth

Pamela said...

Praying for Chad to get well very soon! Lauren is so adorable! Everything is so new to everyone right now but there is going to be a normal that comes as each day passes and soon enough, she is going to go to Chad. Praying for God's grace on your family! I love all the photos.

Angie said...

OH Sherry!! She is beautiful! Congratulations! Praying that Chad gets better quick and bonding continues to go well.

Angie

Anonymous said...

We'll be praying for you guys, and especially Chad for fast healing! I can't believe her smiles and giggles! It looks like she even has dimples! I know Mom is happy she has seen her smile now. LOL! We just can't wait to meet her. Have fun!

Love,
Her Uncle Don and Aunt Kelly

Aunt Kitty said...

Dear Sherry and Chad,
So happy for you guys! She is everything Billy said she was... BEAUTIFUL! I miss all of you hope to see you soon!
Love,
Kitty

Anonymous said...

She is absolutely precious!! I am so happy for you all! You all, as well as Lauren look so happy! ~Luci & Eric Jameson

Brittany said...

Beautiful! Loving the pictures and the updates!!!

Elizabeth Bergeron said...

She looks very happy! She will adjust to Chad, Emma was the same and now she thinks her dad walks on water. Just hang in there. <3

Kelly and Matt said...

Just found your blog address but I have been praying for you the entire time. Lauren is adorable! I'm beyond excited for your family. Will continue praying for each of you ;o)