Thanks for the prayers. Chad is feeling better. He is still weak but is getting better every day. Wow! He scared me. Thank goodness my mom was here with me. Mom had to step in and help me with Lauren since I was wearing thin. She loves women so she's bonded with Grammy D as well.
Lauren is a sweetheart! She is still keeping us on our toes. She has a infectious laugh. She loves to be tickled. She will fall limp as we come near her while laughing hysterically. We think she is the smartest little girl. She has started to mimic everything we do. Thursday she started talking in Chinese which we let the guide hear because we were certain she was telling us something very intelligent. Our guide told us that it's just baby talk. LOL!
Lauren loves to sing. I will sing to her while trying to get her to sleep and she will break out in song. This makes it very hard for me to sing without laughing. She turned on the TV one night and let her watch a station with singing. She watched it for a while and will sing with them. We can't wait for her Nana (Chad's mom) to teach her how to play the piano.
We had Lauren's medical exam this morning. As you may know, Lauren was considered special needs because she was born with a hole in her heart (ASD). I was anxious to hear how she is doing now. We sat down and raised her shirt and the doctor kept listening, and listening, and listening....kept moving the stethiscope around. He told me that the hole in her heart is healed. We know the Healer! Praise be to God.
Here are some pictures since I know that is what you want to see:
 |
| Our guide, Grant (on steps) and Mr. Wong, our driver. They were awesome! |
 |
| Lauren, being her wild self while hanging out in lobby at White Swan. |
 |
| Lauren trying on Grammy Dee's watches. |
 |
| Getting her examination. |
 |
| Bus ride. Chad got to hold her while she slept. |
13 comments:
Love love love the pictures! So nice to see her with Grammy and Daddy. Awesome news on her heart. God chose her for you'll. Looks like she is a mess! So excited to see you'll and meet Miss Lauren. One more week!!
Oh, so happy to hear that Chad is doing well. So happy that Grammy D is bonding with her grand-daughter!!!!!! And so happy that you and Chad have your healthy daughter!!!!! Have safe travels while you are there. Love, MaryAnn.
So happy Chad is ok. Lauren has won our hearts and I can't wait till she gets to meet me Aunt Sissy. I miss you Darlene. I'm so glad Darlene was able to go with you. ox
I love looking at the pictures again and again.. Aunt Sissy--Again--
So happy for you guys. Glad to hear that Chad is doing better and that Lauren received a clean bill of health. She is absolutely adorable! Love all the bows in her hair! :)
Jennifer M.
Glad to see your post this morning and hear everything is going well. Yay for Guangzhou!!
OK Get home already !!!! She is so Beautiful !!!Glad Chad is feeling better. We ar still Praying for all of you. So hurry home !!! Love Ya Sandy
Glad to hear that she is comfortable with everyone holding her now! What a great experience God has given to your family. Enjoy the rest of the time you have there and may God give you a safe trip home.
Donna, OC
AWesome report! Especially about Lauren's heart! I am not one bit surprised but am rejoicing with you! I am glad Chad is feeling better! Lauren sounds like a very, very special little girl!!!
Just got home from work and had to take another look at the pictures. That first comment was from me this morning before work. :) I am lovin this little girl!!!! Give Lauren a big hug and kiss from Cindy.
I look at these pictures again and again... I feel like a stalker! :) It's just that Lauren has the most precious little face! Can't wait to see pictures of her in her ladybug room! She's gonna love it! I'm glad Chad's feeling better and I'm sooo thankful for the baby's awesome medical exam! Take care - you'll be home soon!
- Jenni R
Praise God for all the good medical reports! It's funny , we asked the same thing of our guide when we thought Selah was saying something and he told us the SAME thing! Baby talk :) I think they are wrong and she (and Selah) were actually saying something :) Glad you are in Guangzhou and you are on your homestretch!
Praising God about the medical reports and that Chad is feeling better. How frightening for you.
It is almost time to come home!
Post a Comment